As reported all over the blogosphere, Microsoft have now released Service Pack 1 for Visual Studio 2005 to RTM. Go and get it while its still hot!
SP1 provides over 70 improvements (annoyingly I can’t find anything that details those fixes), of note are the following:
- New processor support (e.g., Core Duo) for code generation and profiling
- Performance and scale improvements in Team Foundation Server
- Team Foundation Server integration with Excel 2007 and Project 2007
- Tool support for occasionally connected devices and SQL Server Compact Edition
- Additional support for project file based Web applications
- Windows Embedded 6.0 platform and tools support
I’ve yet to install the SP in my BizTalk development environment, but my general development instance works just fine.