Originally posted by Nick Heppleston at: http://www.modhul.com/2009/02/20/useful-tooltip-in-the-biztalk-admin-console-with-badly-encoded-messages/
I noticed a new tooltip yesterday in the BizTalk Admin Console when a message had failed in the Receive Pipeline because of unexpected characters in the message (and because no encoding had been set in the Xml declaration). Interesting to see that the message body text view recognises that the text view might not be accurate:
Drilling into the binary view, I was also pleased to see that it was possible to use ‘find’ dialog to search for the offending text:
Two useful features that up until now I didn’t know were available in BizTalk 2006. No need for me to invest in the znazzy binary viewer after all….