Moving a directory that is already under SVN using Tortoise SVN isn’t as straightforward as this question and answer on Stackoverflow.com appears to suggest – the SVN Move versioned files here option isn’t always available…
So how do you move versioned directories to another location in the repository?
- Create the new directory and add that directory to SVN using the Tortoise SVN Add command (no need to commit at this stage!) *or* move to a directory that is already under source-control
- Right-click and drag the directory that is to be moved to the new directory (above) and select the SVN Move versioned files here option, as follows:
- If the directory you’re moving to isn’t Tortoise Aware (i.e. hasn’t been added or isn’t already under source control), you won’t get the option, as follows:
- Once the directory has been moved, commit the changes as usual.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Getting into Version Control
- Setting Up and Running Subversion and Tortoise SVN with Visual Studio and .NET